[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Your draft logo & a sneak peek

Sven Anderson sven at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 16:48:26 UTC 2016

Hi all,

On 25.10.2016 14:28, Ryan Brady wrote:
> I feel the logo draft is missing a lot of the detail and fidelity of our
> current logo.
> The draft logo has lines that are much too thick especially in the face
> area.  It's
> recognizable from a shorter distance than our current logo.
>
> Our current logo has more of a cartoon / angry birds type feel to it -
> something
> with personality.  To me, the draft logo is devoid of personality. I
> understand why
> the foundation wants to have more consistency between logos, but I'm hoping
> this isn't the final design approach.

to balance the feedback a bit: I like the new logo. I'm sure it could be
improved, but in general I think it qualifies as a logo, while the old
version does not really from my perspective. Logos _have_ to be sparse
in detail and still expressive. That's what differentiates it from a
normal drawing.

Cheers,

Sven