[openstack-dev] [neutron] HostNotCompatibleWithFixedIps exception happens when setting router's gateway.

Brian Haley brian.haley at hpe.com
Thu Oct 27 13:39:54 UTC 2016

Hi Zhi,

Thanks for the report, comment below.

On 10/27/2016 05:04 AM, zhi wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
>     I installed a devstack in my local environment. All the code from master
> branch. After the installation, I have to show you some problems which I met.
>
>     First of all, I create an external network by this command " neutron
> net-create public --router:external=True --provider:network_type=flat
> --provider:physical_network=public ".
>
>     Secondly, I create a subnet with " subnet_type " by this command " neutron
> subnet-create [net-id] 20.20.20.0/24 <http://20.20.20.0/24> --service-types
> list=true network:router_gateway ".
>
>     At last, I create a router and setting this router's gateway by this command
> " neutron router-gateway-set [router-id] [net-id]".
>
>     Exception happens in Neutron Server, it says "
> HostNotCompatibleWithFixedIps: Host devstack is not connected to a segment where
> the existing fixed_ips on port 0f38ba01-8dd0-43de-92e3-b294bd4ebed8 will
> function given the routed network topology. ".

Subnet service types is new in Newton, and it seems you've found a bug - can you
file a bug on launchpad for it?

The one thing you might try to get past this is to disable DHCP on these
subnets, but the error you linked seems different from [1].

-Brian

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1636963