[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]: Instance creation and deletion metrics in ceilometer !

Raghunath D raghunath.d at tcs.com
Tue Oct 25 12:15:05 UTC 2016

 Hi Ganpat,

 Are you able to see merers/samples related to compute.instance.* in ceilometer meter-list or ceilometer sample-list.
My application which will read info from ceilometer publisher (pipeline.yaml) and I am looking for meters realted to ceilometer.instance.*

With Best Regards
 Raghunath Dudyala
 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
 Mailto: raghunath.d at tcs.com
 Website: http://www.tcs.com

Hi,

I am able to get event notifications on kafka by applying these configurations:

nova.conf
instance_usage_audit = True
instance_usage_audit_period = hour
notify_on_state_change = vm_and_task_state

notification_driver = messagingv2

Restart nova compute service

        ceilometer.conf
 [event]
 drop_unmatched_notifications = False
 definitions_cfg_file = /etc/ceilometer/event_definitions.yaml

event_pipeline.yaml
---
sources:
    - name: event_source
      events:
         - compute.instance.*
      sinks:
          - event_sink
sinks:
    - name: event_sink
      transformers:
      triggers:
      publishers:
          #- notifier://
          #- file:///home/stack/test?max_bytes=10000000&backup_count=5

          - kafka://kafka-broker:9092?topic=ceilometer

service ceilometer-api restart

service ceilometer-agent-notification restart

Wait for couple of minutes and you should be getting the events on your kafka consumer and in ceilometer notifications logs as well

tail -f /var/log/ceilometer/ceilometer-agent-notification.log

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Ganpat