[openstack-dev] Endpoint structure: a free-for-all

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 20 16:02:44 UTC 2016

On 10/20/2016 2:10 AM, Qiming Teng wrote:

> I know some services "hide" this version endpoint behind authentication
> middleware (or somthing similar). In other words, you have to
> authenticate to keystone before you can get the version info.
>
> Can we please standardize that?

I've noticed that as well, nova doesn't require auth to get the version
details but neutron, for example, does.

And at least in the case of compute, tempest relies on there being no
auth required to list the versions from /:

https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/13.0.0/tempest/lib/services/compute/versions_client.py#L42

Matt Riedemann