[openstack-dev] Does anyone use the proxy_token/proxy_tenant_id stuff in the various clients?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 19 18:40:07 UTC 2016

python-novaclient has these proxy_token and proxy_tenant_id kwargs
available when constructing the client, added way back in 2011 with no
docs or tests:

https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/commit/2c3a865f6b408d85aaeaafafd9ff9cdcee5d8cb4

Those have been copied into the various other clients that were
originally written based on novaclient:

http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=proxy_tenant_id&i=nope&files=&repos=

As far as I can tell this is something that predated service users, or
the services having credentials for other services to act on an
end-users behalf, for example, for nova to create a floating IP in
neutron for an end user.

Is anyone else aware of any other usage of these kwargs? If not, we're
going to deprecate them in python-novaclient and we could probably also
do that in cinder/manila/trove clients as well.

Matt Riedemann