[openstack-dev] [requirements][lbaas] gunicorn to g-r

Adam Harwell flux.adam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 13:45:17 UTC 2016

To reply more directly and clearly:

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 08:41:16AM +0000, Adam Harwell wrote:
> > I wonder if maybe it is not clear -- for us, gunicorn is a runtime
> > dependency for our gate jobs to work, not a deploy dependency.
>
> Okay then frankly I'm deeply confused.
>
> Can we see the code that uses it? to understand why the deployer can't
> build a
> custom service VM using an alternative to gunicorn?

A deployer is perfectly free to use an alternative to gunicorn. Gunicorn is
built into our devstack plugin code, not the main agent application
(agent.py is just the runner we created for devstack -- you could run
octavia.amphorae.backends.agent.api_server with any WSGI runner you want in
a real deployment). We just have to use SOMETHING in devstack for our gate
scenario tests to run...