[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Contributing a new fuel-plugin

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 19 10:00:14 UTC 2016

Hi Omar

You might want to follow basic OpenStack documentation here:
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html if you want to create
a new project. For fuel plugins just put it into fuel namespace and call it
something like 'fuel-plugin-<whatever>'.

If you want to contribute to the existing plugin, please use its respective
launchpad project.

Please let me know if you need any other help.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Omar Rivera <gomarivera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please, could someone help me find the correct process on how to
> contribute fuel plugins upstream?
>
> I had followed these instructions but when I opened bug it was declared
> invalid - has the process changed perhaps? [1]
>
> I cannot find relevant documentation for how to go about creating the
> repository in gerrit and creating the launchpad project correctly. The only
> thing I found is the add to the DriverLog repository however they expect
> that there is a plugin repository already created.
>
> I had hoped for more instruction in this [2] launchpad project since it
> seems to manage bugs for many plugins. Or should it be like the contrail
> plugin [3] that has their own page.
>

> ​[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/fuel-docs/
> plugindocs/fuel-plugin-sdk-guide/create-environment/plugin-repo.html​
> ​[2] https://launchpad.net/fuel-plugins
> [3] https://launchpad.net/fuel-plugin-contrail​
>
> --
> - Omar Rivera -