[openstack-dev] PTG from the Ops Perspective - a few short notes

John Davidge John.Davidge at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 14 09:14:01 UTC 2016

Hi Erin,

Thank you for the details. Can you tell us anything about how discount codes for ATCs will change for Boston and onwards?

Thanks,

John

From: Erin Disney <erin at openstack.org<mailto:erin at openstack.org>>
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM
To: "openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] PTG from the Ops Perspective - a few short notes

Hey everyone- wanted to introduce myself and answer a couple questions from this thread. I’m Erin, part of the Foundation’s Marketing/Events team, and I have been helping organize the inaugural PTG.

Here is what I can tell you from a logistics perspective:

  *   The first PTG will be held February 20-24, 2017 in Atlanta, GA at the downtown Sheraton Hotel
  *   Our group rate for rooms is $185 a night (which includes a breakfast buffet)
  *   Registration will go live in the next couple of weeks and tickets will be $100, which will help cover lunch/coffee every day and help us ensure attendance for those that register
  *   Horizontal/cross project teams will meet Monday and Tuesday, Vertical project team meetings will be held Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

For anyone going to the Summit in Barcelona later this month, Thierry and I will be hosting an informational presentation on the PTG<https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/17383/project-teams-gathering-101> and then answering questions in the Foundation Lounge (located near the main entrance of the Convention Center near Registration) on Wednesday 10/26 during lunch from 1:05-1:35pm. Feel free to stop by to learn more or ask us questions, and stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

Erin Disney
OpenStack Marketing
erin at openstack.org<mailto:erin at openstack.org>