[openstack-dev] [all] planning the PTG -- lessons from Swift's midcycles

Rob C hyakuhei at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:03:51 UTC 2016

I agree with pretty much everything John's written, especially with regards
to what's required of a host (and accepting that things will have to be
different at the PTG).

For security, although we have a pre-event etherpad to propose topics
nothing is decided until the first day, where we will have an unconference,
vote on things we want to talk about and try to create a schedule that
doesn't clash. We have on a number of occasions conducted our mid-cycle
overlapping with Barbican, where we've been able to participate in each
other's projects, vote on topics, register interest etc. This
cross-polination has been very useful and works well in an unconference
setting.

-Rob