[openstack-dev] [elections][tc]Thoughts on the TC election process

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Oct 11 17:42:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Anita Kuno wrote:

>> * Getting rid of self nomination. Nominations come from the
>>   electorate at large. They can be refused of course.
>
> What is the current problem with self nomination?

(I almost missed this since it was after your valediction)

I guess the least roundabout but perhaps insufficiently nuanced way
to put it is: Anyone who wants the job is probably not suited.

The Douglas Adams version of this is:
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/douglasada125021.html

Please accept this with the humor with which you would expect given
that author, and also that I'm in this class of self nominated folk.

I think, however, that given the massive commitment required and the
need to balance the role with employment constraints and all the
economic constraints associated with working on OpenStack being work
means that self-nomimation is probably the only realistic way to go. I
mention it more as a way jumping off point for further thinking than
a concrete proposal.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/