[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-docs] Admin guide in-tree?

Ruby Loo opensrloo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:38:40 UTC 2016

>From my point of view, the rush is so that we can be more efficient with
all of our time/efforts. In ironic, we have a bit of a mess. We now have
duplicated (and perhaps out-of-sync) admin-related information in our
developer docs [1] as well as in the official admin guide [2] -- the latter
content was added but I am unaware of that knowledge/coordination being
done with the ironic community :-(

Should we :
A. move our admin-related information from our developer docs to the
existing admin guide; then move the admin guide to the new in-tree solution
later

B. replace what is in the existing admin guide with a pointer to the
developer docs; then move the admin content to the new in-tree solution
later

C. status quo until the new in-tree solution is available

--ruby

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/baremetal.html