[openstack-dev] [devstack] devstack-plugin additional-pkg-repos: ocata summit working session?

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 14:09:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 02:09:33PM +0200, Markus Zoeller wrote:

[Snip well-written backrgound detail]

> Request
> -------
> My question is, if you have interest in this plugin and its
> capabilities, are you at the Summit in Barcelona and do you have time
> for a short working session there? Maybe on Friday during the
> contributors meetup?
>
>     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-nova-summit-meetup

I've made a note to be present there.

> Possible action/discussion items
> --------------------------------
> * How to create a "*.deb" package out of the source code of
> libvirt/qemu? (surprisingly enough, I'm still struggling with this)

Probably check with some of the Debian packagers on the list?

FWIW, I'm familiar with producing RPM builds for libvirt / QEMU for
Fedora from their respective Git sources, as I make scratch builds for
testing often.

> * How should we specify the packages and versions to install in the gate
> job?
> * When do we build new packages and increase the version in the gate?
> * Actually hack some code and push it

Another point for working there

   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313568/4 -- Plugin to setup
   libvirt/QEMU from tar releases