[openstack-dev] [neutron] proper cleanup of l3 resources (neutron-netns-cleanup)

Sergey Belous sbelous at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 11 10:54:07 UTC 2016

Hi, Miguel.

As I can see, Manjeet Singh Bhatia already proposed the change on review [1]—this patch adds the invoking a cleanup provided by l3-agent.
Actually, I like the option 2. And I'm going to implement it and compare to Manjeet's solution.
But can anybody suggest me, how can I manually reproduce the situation where netns-clean is needed to run for cleanup l3 namespaces? In which state should be these namespaces?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/383936/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/383936/>

> On 7 Oct 2016, at 15:38, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo <majopela at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sergey!,
>
> This was my point of view on a possible solution:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1403455/comments/12
>
> """
> After much thinking (and quite little doing) I believe the option "2"
> I proposed is a rather reasonable one:
>
> 2) Before cleaning a namespace blindly in the end, identify any
> network service in the namespace (via netstat), kill those processes,
> so they aren't orphaned, and then, kill the namespace.
>
> Any process should be safely killed that way, and if it's not, we can
> complicate our lifes and code with "1":
> 1) Use stevedore HookManager to let out-of-tree repos register netns
> prefixes declaration, and netns cleaners,
>    so every piece of code (in-tree or out-of-tree) declare which
> netns prefixes they use, and provide a netns cleanup
>    hook to be called.
>
> """
>
> Let me know what you think
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Sergey Belous <sbelous at mirantis.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> I’m very interesting in this one
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1403455
>> Can anybody tell me, what is the current status of this bug? Is anybody
>> working on it now?
>> And as I can see, there are some options, that was discussed in comments to
>> this bug and… did anybody decide which solution is the best?
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Sergey Belous

Best Regards,