[openstack-dev] [puppet] Standardization of Keystone authtoken

Iury Gregory iurygregory at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:39:48 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

*tl;dr: *We will be removing all old parameters to configure the
keystone_authtoken section that was deprecated during the Newton Cycle. In
Ocata you will need to use the authtoken class for each module, except for
some modules that do not provide the support yet, for more details see this
bug [0].

During the Newton cycle we have worked to bring the capability to configure
the [keystone_authtoken] section with new parameters using the
puppet-keystone resource [1] , each module has its own class to configure
the section in configuration files using.

We had deprecated all other old parameters and this change is 100% backward
compatible, some modules haven't this change, please see this comment [2]
for the bug [0].

Now in Ocata we are removing the deprecated parameters, so you will need to
use the authtoken class in your manifests, the class should be declared
before the api services are configured, for example see [3].

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-aodh/+bug/1604463
[1] https://github.com/openstack/puppet-keystone/blob/
master/manifests/resource/authtoken.pp
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-aodh/+bug/1604463/comments/8
[3] https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack-integration/
blob/master/manifests/aodh.pp#L57-L68

*Att[]'sIury Gregory Melo Ferreira *
*Master student in Computer Science at UFCG*

*Part of the puppet-manager-core team in OpenStack*
*E-mail:  iurygregory at gmail.com <iurygregory at gmail.com>*