[openstack-dev] [release][ansible][fuel][kolla][puppet][tripleo] proposed deadlines for cycle-trailing projects

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Oct 8 14:29:45 UTC 2016

Doug,

Just a follow-up, we will definitely have to tag a Kolla rc3 because on the following issue:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/382470/1

Global requirements pushed a change into our repo and the core reviewer team acked it.  Unfortunately, we had no Newton branch (which is good – we have over 80 bug fixes already in progress or merged in rc2).  I think there is a hole in the process here somewhere with release-trailing projects.  The problem is we can’t push this revert of our requirements update because we are not on the Newton branch (but on master instead).  Its not a super big deal, we are just going to revert it in the newton branch after creation which will ensure we have the correct Newton requirements used across OpenStack in Kolla.

I suspect the release team will want to fine-tune (or is already managing this situation) as to how the scheduling works with release-trailing projects and the mechanics of the branching.  If you need any help or advice or there is a summit session on the topic, let me know – happy to attend.  I am not sure what is optimal – I can shoot down ideas that wouldn’t work for this release classification tag pretty easily; have harder time coming up with optimal solutions because I lack the context the release team has.

Regards
-steve