[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Stadium evolution - final stage

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:07:47 UTC 2016

Neutrinos,

As some of you may have noticed, there has been a fresh batch of patches on
topic [1]. After having worked on [2][3] during the span of Newton, we are
approaching now the final stage of this consolidation effort, where I
attempt to define a procedure for transparently letting the Neutron
community assess how a subproject meets the standard of quality that any
Neutron-led effort should have.

I started with fwaas and vpnaas so far, and I'll reach out individually to
the maintainers of projects [4] to accurately capture the rest of the
picture. LBaas/Octavia will not be assessed as it's already been agreed
their spinoff [5]. Please bear in mind that the deadline for completing
this assessment effort is firmly set to be Ocata-1 (Nov 14 2016).

Many thanks,
Armando

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:stadium-implosion+status:open
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/