[openstack-dev] [cinder] How to retrieve volume_driver

crow1 at interia.pl crow1 at interia.pl
Fri Oct 7 12:05:18 UTC 2016

Dear all.

I'm a PHD student from Poland and have found out about this list from Openstack wiki. Could you kindly tell me, if there is a way to retrieve, from outside of OpenStack code, volume_driver for given backend? Preferably - without a need to parse the cinder.conf file?

It is fairly easy to retrieve the volume_backend_name, which in most scenarios seems to describe the driver type used. However, in general scenario, this is just a custom string entered by the admin. I would greatly appreciate, if someone could point me to a way to acquire the unique stirng, identifying the driver type used - the ona that is passed as volume_driver in cinder.conf.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,
Lukasz