[openstack-dev] [nova] FYI, nova plans to have a room at the PTG in February

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Oct 7 08:20:51 UTC 2016

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Matt Riedemann's message of 2016-10-06 13:52:09 -0500:
>> Sorry yeah I screwed that up. I re-read the PTG email and the first two
>> days are cross-project things, and Wed-Fri are meetup style at the PTG,
>> it's not time-boxed sessions like the design summit, unless again I'm
>> screwing this up and this is just a thing that's not explainable to mere
>> mortals until we actually experience one.
>
> It's not fully time-boxed, but as Clint pointed out it might be
> useful to establish some sort of estimated schedule so cross-team
> discussions can be coordinated.

The first two days are for horizontal teams and cross-project effort
participants to meet. Those are *not* 40-min timeboxed fishbowl
discussions, each room will be dedicated to a given effort for two full
days.

That said, to facilitate having critical discussions, we'll set up some
system to announce that a specific discussion will happen at a specific
time. Open to options here (could be low-tech like mailing-list or
whiteboard, high-tech with some specific webapp), but the idea would be
to be able to easily find out when you should probably go out of your
team room and join another.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)