[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-docs] Admin guide in-tree?

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Oct 7 03:04:24 UTC 2016

(Adding the dev list to cc, as I think this conversation deserves a wider audience)

Thanks for this feedback. I'm really glad that the new Install Guide model is working out well for people!

Since our new Install Guides have only just been published, at this stage I'm intending to gather some data on how projects and users are using the project-specific Install Guides during the next cycle. I'm also intending to spend some time in the Ocata cycle on improving that index page. It's pretty ugly right now, and I think there's some  serious UX improvements to be done. Since Ocata is a short cycle, I'm also conscious of how much the docs team might realistically be able to achieve.

All that said, you are certainly not the first to ask if this model can be extended! I think it's something that the docs community would like to see, and it seems as though it has broad support amongst developers and projects as well. So, in short, I think this is a thing that will happen, but probably not in Ocata. I'm tentatively willing to tell you that Pike is a possibility though ;)

Lana