[openstack-dev] [nova] Draft Ocata design summit schedule is up

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 6 17:09:16 UTC 2016

On 10/6/2016 9:13 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> Is there a particular reason we're only retrospecting on placement?
>
> I think that we need to have a concrete topic that applied to newton and
> will apply to ocata in order to be productive. I think there will be
> specific things we can change in ocata that will have an actual impact
> on major work for the cycle.
>
>> I suspect we can map many of the ideas and experiences from a
>> retrospective devoted to placement to more general concerns but I'd
>> hate for people who had no involvement in it but are concerned about
>> Nova to feel excluded.
>>
>> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-newton-retrospective
>
> As has been demonstrated in that etherpad, if we try to retrospect every
> aspect of newton, we'd need a week and wouldn't have time to have the
> other sessions we need in order to plan for ocata. Picking two major
> ongoing topics seems like the best way to frame a useful discussion to me.
>
> --Dan

Yes Dan said what I was trying to say in the nova meeting today.

There are a lot of high-level topics in the etherpad that I think will
tie into the cross-project session I proposed for Tuesday/Wednesday,
which is getting project PTLs/cores together to discuss how they've
dealt with review scaling and experiences with componentization. I
wanted to have those discussions in a cross-project setting to get a
perspective outside of Nova, and to help gauge how much of these issues
are systemic to just Nova or if it's really not that different across
the board in the community.

Matt Riedemann