[openstack-dev] [all][API WG] How does one best express a time interval as an API filtering query?

milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:56:52 UTC 2016

Dear API WG,
We've got ourselves into a bike shedding situation[1] w/r the WG filtering
suggestion[2]. What we find difficult is to express the ISO8601 time
intervals[3][4] in accordance to the filtering suggestion. We'd like to
have support for specifying multiple time intervals a node introspection
can belong to as a filter criterion.

Currently, we propose:

?finished_at=<ISOdate_a>/<ISOdate_b>&finished_at=<ISOdate_c>/<ISOdate_d>&...

denoting following Python condition:
      (ISOdate_a <= finished_at < ISOdate_b) or (ISOdate_c <= finished_at <
ISOdate_d) or...

How does one best express this query in accordance to the WG filtering
suggestion?

Thanks,
milan

[1]