[openstack-dev] [glance][cinder][nova] zip for raw Disk Format

Chen CH Ji jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Oct 6 09:29:43 UTC 2016

Thanks for the reply

the question is how can I distinguish the image in 'real' qcow2 format ? I
mean, considering cinder copy from image to volume case,
I need first download that image from glance, then copy contents to
volume ,'real' qcow2 will keep the image while I expect the qcow2
to be converted into raw format within the given command, without a
explicit format, how to decide whether the convent will be made or not?

Thanks

Best Regards!

Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨

Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN   Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Phone: +86-10-82454158
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC