[openstack-dev] [Congress] PTG planning

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 23:45:31 UTC 2016

Here are some of our choices as a team, as well as some first thoughts on
pros and cons:

1. Do work sessions at PTGs; no organized work sessions at summits.
Pro: schedule lines up wit beginning of dev cycle
Pro: work room available
Pro: easy to collaborate with other teams
Con: extra travel for those who will continue to attend summit.

2. Unofficial work session at summits; no work sessions at PTGs.
Pro: For people who would be going to the summits anyway, this option
reduces travel.
Con: probably no official work room available.
Con: happens at the middle of a dev cycle

3. Separately organize work sessions in the style of past mid-cycle
sprints; no work sessions at any of the official openstack events.
Pro: we can choose schedule and location
Con: harder to collaborate with other teams

4. No work sessions at all.