[openstack-dev] postgresql fails mitaka -> newton migrations on nova

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 09:23:01 UTC 2016

Le 05/10/2016 08:18, Matthew Thode a écrit :
> I've found two possible bugs, one with the online_data_migrations and
> one after services are started again (ignoring the online_data_migration
> failures).
>
> The online_data_migration bug is located at:
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1630446
>
> The post non-migration bug is located at:
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1630448
>
> At the moment I think the first bug is likely the cause of the second
> bug, but don't have enough info to verify or fix it.

Are you sure you also ran the nova-manage api_db sync before doing the
db migrations ?

Most of the errors you got are because all those tables were migrated
from the 'legacy' DB (now called cell DB) to the API DB, and you need to
wrap it up.

Eg. for instance groups :
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api_migrations/migrate_repo/versions/018_instance_groups.py

Replying to bugs anyway.