[openstack-dev] Removing required port-id from classifier

Tim Rozet trozet at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 20:28:40 UTC 2016

Tim Rozet
Red Hat SDN Team

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cathy Zhang" <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com>
Cc: "Sridhar Ramaswamy" <srics.r at gmail.com>, "Sripriya Seetharam" <sseetha at brocade.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 1:54:04 PM
Subject: RE: Removing required port-id from classifier

Hi Tim,

Please see inline.

Thanks,
Cathy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Rozet [mailto:trozet at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 10:07 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions); Cathy Zhang
Cc: Sridhar Ramaswamy; Sripriya Seetharam
Subject: [tacker] [networking-sfc] Removing required port-id from classifier

Hi Cathy,
I recall a while back discussing removing the required neutron port-id from the classifier.

Cathy> Do you mean logical source port here?
trozet> yeah the neutron_source_port seems required.

We just finished up implementing VNFFG in Tacker and are hitting this while testing.  What is the plan to remove this requirement?  Also, how are IETF SFC/NSH related API/plugin changes going?  Can we expect to have attributes like path-id, encap type soon?

Cathy> The API already provides a way for specifying "path-id" and encap type (currently only MPLS encap type is supported since OVS does not support NSH yet). As to NSH support, the code patch is being worked on, not completed yet. We are also tracking the NSH work in OVS and hope OVS will support NSH soon so that when networking-sfc integrates with that new version of OVS, NSH can be supported properly.
trozet> OK good. Anil is close (demoed at ODL summit) a networking-odl driver for networking-sfc that supports NSH.  Can you link the patches or point me to who is working on the NSH support for the API/plugin DB layer?

Thanks,

Tim Rozet
Red Hat SDN Team