[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Deprecating the Ceilometer API

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Oct 4 15:36:21 UTC 2016

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Julien Danjou wrote:

> Considering the split of Ceilometer in subprojects (Aodh and Panko)
> during those last cycles, and the increasing usage of Gnocchi, I am
> starting to wonder if it makes sense to maintain the legacy Ceilometer
> API.

No surprise, as I've been saying this for a long time, but yeah, I think
the API and storage should be deprecated. I think at some of the mid-
cycles and summits we've had discussions about the parts of ceilometer
that should be preserved, including any pollsters for which a
notification does not or cannot exist.

The data gathering (and to some extent transforming) parts are the only
parts of ceilometer that are particularly unique so it would be good
for those to be preserved.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/