[openstack-dev] TC candidacy

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 4 12:59:26 UTC 2016

On 10/3/2016 10:03 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:

> I'm actually proposing to run TripleO multinode job in Nova experimental jobs:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/381322/
> It's non-voting and run at demand, so we're not breaking anything.
>
> tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode is a CI job that takes ~40-60
> minutes (we're working on reducing its runtime) and deploy TripleO in
> multinode environment.
> I think it would be a good start to see if non-devstack jobs would
> bring useful feedback.

I'll repeat here what I asked in the review above: on what kinds of
changes should nova developers and reviewers think to run the
experimental queue job for tripleo? Since the experimental queue is
on-demand we generally only run it for specific changes that aren't
tested by our normal check/gate jobs. Like we have an lxc job in the
experimental queue and that's fairly straight-forward on when to run it,
similar with neutron + dvr + multinode.

But what would prompt me to run the tripleo job on a nova change? Things
that impact upgrades? Configuration option changes, like dropping
deprecated configuration options or changing their default behavior?

Matt Riedemann