[openstack-dev] [Mentoring] Call for Mentors for Barcelona events

Emily K Hugenbruch ekhugenbruch at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 3 21:19:54 UTC 2016

Hello,
We have two (2) great mentoring opportunities coming up for the Barcelona
summit.  These are a fairly short time commitment, so please consider
taking a few hours to help out people new to the community.

   Upstream University - Sunday October 23rd, 1:00-5:00PM & Monday, October
   24th, 10:00AM-4:00PM
   Schedule information here -
   https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/16638/upstream-university-day-1

   Looking for 5-10 mentors to float around the training rooms, helping
   students who are stuck and offering advice.  Please sign up on the
   mentor signup form -
   https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/mentor_mentee_signup_pre_barcelona
   , put "Upstream university only" under "Additional information about
   yourself.  You do *not* need to RSVP to the event on the schedule app if
   you fill out the formstack form.

   Speed Mentoring Breakfast sponsored by Intel - Tuesday, October 25,
   7:30-8:35AM
   Schedule information here -
   https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/16889/speed-mentoring-organized-by-women-of-openstack-sponsored-by-intel

   We're looking for 10-20 mentors, who are interested in offering either
   technical or career advice.  You'll meet with small groups of mentees in
   15 minute intervals and answer their questions about how to grow in the
   community.  It's a fast paced event and a great way to meet new people
   and introduce them to the summit.  Mentors should plan to arrive at
   7:15AM, although we will provide breakfast and caffeine!
   Please sign up via the schedule and select "mentor".  We will contact
   mentors ahead of time and hold a short call to go over logistics of the
   event shortly before the summit.

Thanks in advance for volunteering!
Sincerely,
Emily Kate Hugenbruch