[openstack-dev] [elections][tc]Thoughts on the TC election process

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Oct 3 21:15:39 UTC 2016

On 03/10/2016 1:18 PM, Clay Gerrard wrote:
> I think a more common problem is when people vote for a *name* they
> recognize without really knowing that person or what they're about.  Or
> perhaps just as bad - *not* voting because they realize they have on
> context to consider these candidates beyond name familiarity and an
> (optional) email

fully agree with this. this is how i've voted in the past (and to an
extent, this time as well.). that said, i think it's good to get to know
the candidates a bit more beyond the initial, often heavily vetted,
self-nominations. i don't know if this will change anything but
hopefully it stops the downward trend we have for TC election turnout.

cheers,
--
gord

ps. i apologise to the people running who i do know for not telling them
ahead of time i was going to ask random questions. equal playing field :P