[openstack-dev] [tc] open question to the candidates

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Mon Oct 3 16:32:37 UTC 2016

[amrith] Gordon, great question. Short answer is that I believe that the TC should be proactive. All the members in the TC are themselves active contributors to different parts of OpenStack and there is a reasonable expectation that they are remaining informed about the things that are going on in all projects, are aware of what deployers and users are trying to do with OpenStack and the problems they are facing.

I believe that this gives them the ideal position to not only react to issues that come up, but also in cases take proactive steps to improve things. But, in keeping with the openness of OpenStack, I believe that any 'proactive' action should be discussed in the open and decided only after this open participatory process.

In the future it may be a good idea to have an IRC meeting where all candidates attend and members of the community get to participate in a moderated discussion. This may mean that the timeline (closing deadline, polling) may need to be altered but I think an opportunity for all candidates to discuss these kinds of things would be valuable.

Thanks!