[openstack-dev] [neutron] bug deputy report

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 14:15:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I was serving as a bug deputy for the last two weeks. (Well, I planned to
serve for one week only, but then I forgot to set new deputies in the last
meeting I chaired, so the 2nd week was my punishment for short memory.)

There were several bugs that I did not know how to triage properly, so help
with that is highly welcome.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1625829 - instance shutdown
breaks floating ip connectivity, probably a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1549443. the immediate suspect is
iptables rules ordering.

2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1627480 - Kevin suspects that
IPAM ip allocation code may succeed without allocating an IP address for a
subnet requested. That one gave us some headache in late RC1-2 time. Would
be great to see IPAM folks chime in to nail it down.

3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1628044 - bgp listener not
listening on mitaka. Someone should validate the bug in latest code.

4. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1628385 - router-port-list not
showing gateway port. I assume it’s as designed because of special status
of the gateway port, but I would like to confirm with L3 folks before
setting to Opinion.

5. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1629097 - that’s a scary one:
rootwrap processes are hanging after ovsdb-client dies, exhausting memory.
OVS restart exits those processes. A suspicious patch is detected.

6. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1629539 - dvr not working with
lbaasv1? Not sure if it’s a valid case now considering the fact we dropped
lbaasv1, but lbaas folks should chime in.

I hope we’ll get new deputies today that will start processing bugs
starting from the time of writing the email.

Cheers.
Ihar