[openstack-dev] FYI - gate completely borked on master and newton dsvm/grenade jobs

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 09:46:46 UTC 2016

Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> There was a pycparser 2.14 package update on pypi today which is making
> cinder-manager db sync fail. This is making all dsvm/grenade jobs fail in
> master and stable/newton.
>
> The upstream issue being tracked is:
>
> https://github.com/eliben/pycparser/issues/147

OK, so the new wheel, not a new release, broke us.

We can try to downgrade pycparser to 2.13, seems like a safe thing to do,
since global-requirements.txt does not even have the library in it, so it’s
a transitive dependency.

I posted the version downgrade to see how it goes in gate:
https://review.openstack.org/381011

Ihar