[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla-ansible is available

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Nov 30 20:39:25 UTC 2016

So, longer term, I'd really like to see a set of smaller pieces of gate'ness that co-check each other.

one gate that periodically checks that kolla:trunk builds (nightly?) sans modification. As the containers themselves depend on a lot of packages/repositories outside of kolla's control and therefore can break at any time. These would be ran against the kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes trunk gate checks. showing bugs in the potentially changing containers against known good deployment tests.

A similar periodic check should be done for kolla-ansible/kolla-kubetes gates to ensure things like a new version of kubeadm getting released doesn't break things, and cause the other gate checks to produce misleading failures.

The results of the periodic gates, should be cached somewhere and used as input to the kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes gates used to check incoming reviews. You can then rely more on breakages in kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes gate checks being actually caused by the patches incoming, and not some outside influence.

This should make it much quicker to iterate though issues.

Thanks,
Kevin