[openstack-dev] [monasca][oslo] (Re: [oslo] Should we drop kafka driver ?)

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Wed Nov 30 16:44:25 UTC 2016

Le 2016-11-30 16:56, Davanum Srinivas a écrit :
> Problem is with Monasca team having concerns with later python-kafka
> versions
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1639264

Good point, the bug is 1 month old, but the issue is known since 7
months.

At this point I think if we want to keep kafka in oslo.messaging we have
to raise this dep and merge this upgrade patch whatever the Monasca status is.

We can't continue to use thing deprecated since 1 year.

Also, capping libraries is always a bad idea, this is one more example
of why. The lib was capped due to an python-kafka upstream bugs and not
API breakage. Something like != 1.0.0 would be sufficient.

The deprecated API is still in last release of python-kafka, so even it's
slower than with old version, we should not break anything.

sileht