[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Allowing Teams Based on Vendor-specific Drivers

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Tue Nov 29 17:55:30 UTC 2016

On 11/29/2016 10:55 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> I agree that clearly documenting who supports each driver, and how
> tightly integrated that team is with the core team will be important.
> That will be the case no matter what solution we pick (even saying
> that drivers aren't official isn't going to avoid questions about
> how well supported a driver is). I left the details of how to do
> that up to the individual teams, since I know some are already
> working on it.

For what it's worth, in the linux kernel there is a "MAINTAINERS" file which
documents who's in charge of each driver, any appropriate mailing lists, source
code repositories, etc. That way people with questions about a driver can
communicate with the people involved with developing that driver.  The overall
kernel maintainers make few statements about how well-supported any given driver is.

Perhaps something like that could be used as a model.

Chris