[openstack-dev] [all] cirros images to change default password

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 29 15:54:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It was ‘cubswin:)’ before, but now that Cubs won [1] it’s ‘gocubsgo’ [2].
>
> I hope it helps someone in the future.
>
> [1] http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-win-world-series-sullivan-spt-1103-20161102-story.html
> [2] https://git.launchpad.net/cirros/commit/?id=9a7c371ef329cf78f256d0a5a8f475d9c57f5477

Hi all,

I will at some point in the 0.4 line of cirros release images with that
change.  I would not intend to change it back to 0.3.

I want to be clear that I didn't make the change "just because".
I did fail to reference the bug in the commit you linked above, but it
I did in commit 95f4ffa2 [3].  It fixed Bug 1454144 [4].  For non-english
speaking users, the colon and right parentheses were difficult to type.
I suspect this was related to a keyboard mapping issue through qemu or
elsewhere, but the fix seems sane.

I picked gocubsgo as the new password.  It had to be something, other
options 'beatohio' [5] or some phrase indicating how bad the Cardinals
are. ;)

I'm quite grateful for all the good karma that you all sent to the
Cubs to help them win.  Thanks.

Scott
--
[3] https://git.launchpad.net/cirros/commit/?id=95f4ffa2f5339aa04226718895a780f2994817b9