[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla-ansible is available

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:18:43 UTC 2016

Because the role and dockerfile are tight couplings.

For example, the container/Dockerfile may need an environment variable
passed by ansible role. without it, the service may not work.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com>
wrote:

> Jeffrey Zhang wrote:
>
>> ​​
>> ​​
>> does
>> ​ ​
>> has
>> an idea to leverage zuul's cross project testing[0] for kolla and
>> kolla-ansibe
>> gate?
>>>>

>> Here is a use case:
>>
>> when implementing A service, we need
>>
>> * add dockerfile in kolla project
>> * add ansible role in kolla-ansible project
>>

> Just curious, but why is it required to have the above?
>
> If I want to use just the dockerfiles and docker image building and not
> the ansible roles why should it be required to have both at the same time
> for a new service A?
>
> Why not just allow both the ansible 'code' and the docker files + code to
> be created and maintained independently? Of course if people want to use
> ansible to manage the docker images, more power to them.
>
> -Josh

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me