[openstack-dev] [neutron] Stepping down as testing lieutenant and from the core & drivers teams

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Mon Nov 28 19:26:05 UTC 2016

Thanks a bunch for all hard work and contributions!

Edgar

On 11/28/16, 10:58 AM, "Assaf Muller" <assaf at redhat.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

    For the past few months I've been gaining more responsibilities within
    Red Hat. I have less time to dedicate to personal contribution and
    it's had a considerable tole on my ability to perform my duties
    upstream to the degree of effectiveness I am satisfied with. To that
    end, I've decided that the right thing to do is to hand over my
    testing lieutenant responsibilities to Jakub Libosvar, and to step
    down from the core and drivers team.

    This is a bitter sweet moment. I'm enormously proud to see the
    progress Neutron as a platform, community and as a reference
    implementation have made over the last 3 years and I'm thrilled to
    have taken part in that. It's grown from an experiment to a ubiquitous
    OpenStack project with a proven, robust and scalable
    batteries-included implementation used at the largest retail,
    insurance, banking, web and telco (And more!) companies in the world.
    My focus will remain on OpenStack networking but my contributions will
    be indirect through my amazing team members. The people leading
    Quantum when I joined are nearly all gone and luckily we've seen a
    continuous influx of fresh talent ready to take over leadership
    responsibilities. I'm confident the wheel will keep on spinning and
    the project will continue stepping down the right path.

    I'll still be on IRC and I'll be working over the upcoming couple of
    weeks to hand off any specific tasks I had going on. Have fun folks.