[openstack-dev] [new][nimble] New project: Nimble

Zhenguo Niu niu.zglinux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:28:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the RackScale Architecture stuff, the Valence project seems to be
> doing that and I'm not sure what role Nimble would play.

For Valence, as my understanding, it provides interfaces to help
compose/release nodes. Nimble will talk to Valence to compose nodes for
users' requests, then enroll the composed node to Ironic to provision it
like generic nodes. Another way is to add Valence to Nova as a driver or
integrate into ironic dirver, but I think it's not easiliy possible. Please
correct me if I misunderstand Valance, thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Zhenguo Niu