[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla-ansible is available

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:26:13 UTC 2016

​​
does
​
anyone
​ ​
has
an idea to leverage zuul's cross project testing[0] for kolla and
kolla-ansibe
gate?
​

Here is a use case:

when implementing A service, we need

* add dockerfile in kolla project
* add ansible role in kolla-ansible project

there are in the different project. assume that gate can test service A in
kolla and
kolla-ansible
​
*
how could we archive this before the dockerfile part is not merged?
*
and do not merge all these two patches until
the
patch
es
are both green?

I think cross project testing should be helpful. But after reading it more
times,
I am still confused with the second table.

> Change Project Zuul Ref. Description
> 1 acme master/Z1 acme master + change 1
> 2 acme master/Z2 acme master + change 1
> 2 plugin stable/Z2 plugin stable + change 2
> 3 acme master/Z3 acme master + change 1
> 3 plugin stable/Z3 plugin stable + change 2
> 3 plugin master/Z3 plugin master + change 3

How above is generated? Will it generate 6 jobs to run? and how kolla can
leverage it?

[0] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/gating.html#cross-project-testing

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Michał Jastrzębski <inc007 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So I can see value of moving configs to kolla itself, but that would
> require significant ansible-fu to get it properly separated, I'd
> suggest separating this discussion from general announcement. If
> someone is willing to make effort of clean separation of configs from
> ansible, let's discuss how to do it technically.
>
> On 16 November 2016 at 12:39, Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov> wrote:
> > I think some kolla-kubernetes folks will still want to use kolla
> genconfig.
> >
> > Not sure it really does need the ansible dependency though. if the dep is
> > removed, it may be better to put it in the kolla repo then the
> kolla-ansible
> > repo.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> whats the plan for genconfig? its based on ansible right now, but may
> fit
> >> better as a non ansible specific tool?
> >

> > the core issue is: k8s depends on the ansible configuration file.
> > now Kolla is split. how the kolla-k8s generate the configuration file?
> if it
> > still re-use the ansible configuration file. we do not need any change.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Jeffrey Zhang
> > Blog: http://xcodest.me