[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-docs] [OpenStack-operators] [docs][upgrades] time to add official docs for upgrading services?

darren chan dazzachan at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 23 06:23:54 UTC 2016

No problem :) I simplified the spec to be more realistic about what we can achieve for Ocata.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/394261/

    On Friday, 18 November 2016, 23:53, Steve Martinelli <s.martinelli at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM, darren chan <dazzachan at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Good timing, I was about to send a follow-up email about this spec.
I agree, this content needs to be more visible, which is why the spec proposed to move upgrade notes to the Upgrades chapter in the Operations Guide. However, it seems like the general consensus is to keep content in project repos because it is more likely to be maintained there.

Considering the Ocata development cycle is pretty short, we've already established our docs deliverables, and other projects are still developing upgrade notes, would links to the upgrade notes in the Ops Guide suffice in the interim? We can then propose and plan a better solution for Pike, such as in-tree official guides?
Thoughts?

The project teams will always use the maintenance argument. But I understand your concern, and in my initial draft to the mailing list i was going to voice a similar statement. Maybe wait until teams have fleshed out their various supported upgrade strategies?

Darren