[openstack-dev] [Nova] Stepping back

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Nov 22 17:36:03 UTC 2016

> It has been a true pleasure working with you all these past few years
> and I'm thankful to have had the opportunity. As I've told people many
> times when they ask me what it's like to work on an open source project
> like this: working on proprietary software exposes you to smart people
> but you're limited to the small set of people within an organization,
> working on a project like this exposed me to smart people from many
> companies and many parts of the world. I have learned a lot working with
> you all. Thanks.

Andrew, thanks so much for all your contributions to the Nova community
over the years. I have so enjoyed working with you, learning from you,
and making nova better alongside you. I'm really sad to see you go, but
purely from a selfish point of view. I know you will go on to make other
software and communities better, and I wish you the best of luck.

I'll leave you with a snippet from my #openstack-nova archives, on a
Friday in late 2013, where I think you had just figured out something
that I broke in those early days of objectification. I stand by my
statement:

Oct 25 11:05:13 <Steely_Dan>    bearhands: my official opinion is that
you should hang on to lascii, just FYI

--Dan