[openstack-dev] [tripleo] POC patch for using tripleo-repos for repo setup

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Nov 21 21:57:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a POC patch[1] up to demonstrate the use of the tripleo-repos
tool [2] as a replacement for most of tripleo.sh --repo-setup.  It has
now passed all of the CI jobs so I wanted to solicit some feedback.

There are a few changes related to repo naming because the tool names
repo files based on the repo name rather than always calling them
something generic like delorean.repo.  I think it's less confusing to
have the delorean-newton repo file named delorean-newton.repo, but I'm
open to discussion on that.

If no one has any major objections to how the tool looks/works right
now, I'll proceed with the work to get it imported into the openstack
namespace as part of TripleO.  We can always iterate on it after import
too, of course, so this isn't a speak now or forever hold your peace
situation. :-)

1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/395813
2:
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/tripleo-specs/specs/policy/tripleo-repos.html
(note that this spec was mistakenly submitted as a policy, it will be
moving to the ocata directory soon)

Thanks.

-Ben