[openstack-dev] [All] Finish test job transition to Ubuntu Xenial

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Nov 21 18:01:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 03:30 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 01:48 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The infra team would really like to get the Ubuntu Xenial for testing
> > transition completed early this cycle. We are planning to switch any
> > jobs that remain on Ubuntu Trusty but should be on Ubuntu Xenial on
> > December 6, 2016. That gives us about a month from today to more
> > gracefully migrate jobs while still getting it done early enough in the
> > cycle to fix any issues and put it behind us. Would be great for project
> > teams to test if their jobs run on Xenial and propose updates to
> > openstack-infra/project-config as necessary to switch to Ubuntu Xenial.
>
> Just a friendly reminder that this is still happening. We will be
> updating any jobs running on Trusty that should be running on Xenial on
> December 6th. I have seen a few projects jump on this and start making
> the necessary changes. Thank you for doing that!
>
> As always feel free to ask questions or ping us (the infra team) for
> help if you need it.

Sorry for being a pest but Andreas wanted us to overcommunicate this so
here is your weekly reminder :)
Don't forget this is happening December 6th. That said I have been
really happy with the turnout on fixing these sorts of issues. Thank you
to everyone who has shown up to update their project job configs.

One thing that has occurred to me that would've been nice to have in
previous emails is if we use a common topic for these changes it may
help reviews get through quicker. Maybe we should try using "xenial" as
a common topic then reviewers can search for topic:xenial in gerrit.

Thank you,
Clark