[openstack-dev] [kolla][infra] How to handle doc in kolla and kolla-ansible

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Nov 21 12:43:18 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-21 13:24, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Pete,
>
> The main problem with that is publishing docs to docs.oo which would
> then confuse the reader even more then they are already confused by
> reading our docs ;)
>
> Regards
> -steve
>

> From: Pete Birley <pete at port.direct <mailto:pete at port.direct>>
> Date: Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:11 AM
> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> <mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] How to handle doc in kolla and
> kolla-ansible
>
> I think Jeffrey's raised a good point here. Though I agree we should
> keep the development side under a single umbrella/namespace, to better
> co-ordinate our efforts, I think it makes more sense to move the
> end-user documentation and to the repo that it's associated with. I feel
> this is the right approach as it makes it much less likely for users to
> confuse/mix documents. With this in mind would it not make sense to spit
> out the docs as follows?
>
>   * Kolla: images (building/specs), contributing, development
>   * Kolla-ansible: deployment via ansible, ansible specific specs
>   * Kolla-kubernetes: deployment via k8s, k8s specific specs

Why confusing Steve? The above sounds like a logical differentiation.

You could have on the front-side of kolla an section "Deployment
options" that links to kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes.

And in kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes, you have a start file that links
back for generic support.

You can also start with one way and then change later on ;)

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)