[openstack-dev] [devstack] Specify OpenvSwitch version in local.conf

Geza Gemes geza.gemes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:16:54 UTC 2016

On 11/18/2016 07:33 AM, zhi wrote:
> hi, all.
>
> I have a quick question about devstack.
>
> Can I specify OpenvSwitch version in local.conf when during the
> installation of devstack? I want to OVS 2.6.0 in my devstack. Can I
> specify it?
>

> Thanks
> Zhi Chang

Hi,

On Ubuntu and Fedora (I didn't try elsewhere) stack.sh installs the
latest (except if there is any pinning) version available according to
apt/yum. So if you have it available in the configured repos then you'll
have it. Otherwise if you have a package (e.g. locally built) installed
newer than the available it will also not downgrade it.

Cheers,

Geza