[openstack-dev] [All] Finish test job transition to Ubuntu Xenial

Jakub Libosvar jlibosva at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 11:17:05 UTC 2016

On 07/11/2016 23:04, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 01:48 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
>> How can you do this? First double check your job logs to see where your
>> tests are running. The first few lines of your job console logs should
>> say "[Zuul] Building remotely on ubuntu-xenial" if running on Xenial.
>> Any changes to master should not run on Trusty and instead should run on
>> Xenial.
>
> Point of clarification here, stable/newton and master jobs should both
> be transitioned to Xenial.

I noticed gate-grenade-dsvm-ubuntu-xenial job is run on stable Newton
branch for devstack. It basically means Mitaka devstack is used to
deploy on Xenial but Xenial is not among supported distros in Mitaka [1].

What is recommended way of upgrade for Ubuntu users running Mitaka on
Trusy? Is it: upgrade Ubuntu to Xenial first, then upgrade Mitaka to Newton?

I see three ways how to solve this problem:
1) Implement support to devstack Mitaka.
2) Use FORCE value for grenade Newton (I sent experimental patch [2]).
3) Run Trusty only for upgrades Mitaka->Newton.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,
Jakub

[1]