[openstack-dev] [Horizon] End of week wrap-up

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:55:41 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

This week's Horizon goings-on saw several of the priority patches[1]
for O-1 land, though more won't make it into that release. O-1 will be
tagged in a few hours, once we sort out some issues with the npm test
suite introduced with a recent patch.

The team meeting this week[2] was a busy affair, with discussions around:

- the current priority bugs and patches
- nova changing the os-simple-tenant-usage API call
- whether to support ui-cookiecutter as an OpenStack project, and even
whether to include it in Horizon tree
- what on Earth is going on in JS translations :-)

We also had another productive cross-project meeting with the Keystone folks[3]:

- some good progress in a bunch of areas
- the django-openstack-auth-kerberos repos will be retired!
- keystone will look into exposing password strength rules through an
API for us to use in UI (rather than relying on a low-strength
rejection error)
- we will prioritise getting filter-first into all identity
searches/listings to better handle large LDAP stores

Patches supporting the cross-project efforts have been added to the
priority patches list[1]

Have a great weekend,

    Richard

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/starredby:r1chardj0n3s%20AND%20status:open