[openstack-dev]   [neutron][networking-vpp]   - networking-vpp don‘t support the latest version.

Jerome Tollet (jtollet) jtollet at cisco.com
Thu Nov 17 16:44:57 UTC 2016

Hi Songming Yan,
Thanks for reporting this. Supporting Newton is definitely on our ToDo list. Expect some patch soon on this topic.
Regards,
Jerome

De : 阎松明 <yan.songming at zte.com.cn>
Date : jeudi 17 novembre 2016 à 08:29
À : "openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Objet : [openstack-dev]   [neutron][networking-vpp]  - networking-vpp don‘t support the latest version.

Hi,

I use the devstack to install the  latest version(master) to using networking-vpp.

It's failed. The log here:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/vpp-agent", line 6, in <module>

    from networking_vpp.agent.server import main

  File "/home/stack/networking-vpp/networking_vpp/agent/server.py", line 55, in <module>

    DEV_NAME_PREFIX = n_const.TAP_DEVICE_PREFIX

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'TAP_DEVICE_PREFIX'

Because neutron move the "TAP_DEVICE_PREFIX " to neutron_lib.

I read the readme, i find this is only test for Mitaka. So does this project have a plan to support Newton in the future?

Mybe it's need to add a version of "Mitaka" to indicate that this is a stable version for Mitaka and "master" for development.

Thanks,

Songming Yan