[openstack-dev] [nova] Problem with Quota and servers spawned in groups

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Nov 17 06:27:28 UTC 2016

On 11/16/2016 03:55 PM, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> As I said before, I was testing it and I didn't have instances in Error
> state. Can You maybe check it once again on current master branch?

I don't have a master devstack handy...will try and set one up.  I just tried on
a stable/mitaka devstack--I bumped up the quotas and ran:

nova boot --flavor m1.tiny --image cirros-0.3.4-x86_64-uec --min-count 1
--max-count 100 blah

All the instances went to the "scheduling" state, the first 21 instances
scheduled successfully then one failed the RamFilter.  I ended up with 100
instances all in the "error" state.

Chris